This Policy does not cover any interaction you may have with us by telephone, postal mail, or other offline communications. It applies to the PoolCorp.com website and content and to other related websites where this policy appears via a link in the footer of the page. Some PoolCorp or PoolCorp subsidiary or affiliate websites we operate may be governed by separate privacy policies. The policy that applies in relation to any of our websites is always the policy that appears via a link in the footer of the website.
This website is not targeted towards users outside the USA. Please go to www.poolcorp.com to access our non-U.S. websites. Our websites are not designed for use by children. We ask that anyone under the age of thirteen not submit any personal information through our websites. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and therefore we do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
By visiting this website, you are accepting the practices described in this Policy.
Information The We Collect
- Personal Information At various locations on our websites, we may request that you supply us with "personal information," such as your name, email address, mailing and shipping addresses, home or work telephone number, and/or credit card information. You will always know when we are collecting personal information because we only collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. If you do choose to give us personal information through our websites, we will collect and retain that information, andyou consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. If you choose not to give us personal information, we may not be able to provide you with any services you may request or require.
- Non-Personal Information When you use our websites, we may also collect "non-personal information," which is information that, by itself, cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (such as your age, gender, income, education, profession, zip code, etc.) or technical information (such as your IP address, the type of browser you are using, the websites you visit immediately before and immediately after you visit our websites, and other anonymous data involving your use of our websites). Non-personal information may also include information that you provide us through your use of our websites, such as the terms you enter into the search functions of our websites.
- Cookies We use "cookies" to enhance your visits to our websites. Our cookies can store your password, personalize pages, and keep track of selections, such as your time zone and episode selections, or items you have placed in a "shopping cart."
How We Use the Information We Collect
- Our Services and Websites We use your personal information to provide you any services that you may request or require, to communicate with you, to allow you to make purchases, and to allow you to participate in online contests, surveys and games. We use aggregated non-personal information about our users to understand our website's demographics, such as the percentage of male and female users, the geographic distribution of our users, the age ranges of our users, or a combination of these or other demographics. We use the non-personal information we collect to analyze how our websites are being used, and to improve the content of our websites, online product offerings, and marketing and promotional efforts.
- Email Communications and Opting Out If you send us an email with questions or comments, we may use your personal information to respond to your questions or comments, and we may save your questions or comments for future reference. There may be times when you will have the opportunity to subscribe to an email list or electronic newsletter that will send information about our websites or our advertisers to your email address. However, we will provide you with the option to change your preferences and opt-out of receiving those communications by clicking the "unsubscribe" link included in the email. If you unsubscribe, we will make reasonable efforts to discontinue these email communications as soon as practicable. We may also, from time to time, contact you by e-mail with unsolicited information about our products or services. If you do not wish to receive such e-mails you can easily opt out by sending us an email.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- Affiliates and Non-Affiliates Except as specifically set forth in this Policy, we do not share your personal information with any non-affiliated third party without your permission. We may disclose aggregate information, such as demographic information, and our statistical analyses to third parties, including advertisers or other business partners. This aggregate information does not include your personal information. We may, however, share your personal information with certain entities that control us, are controlled by us, or are under common control with us (our "Affiliates"), and websites operated by our Affiliates or other businesses of Pool Corporation, our parent company, so that they and we can offer you products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers We sometimes engage unaffiliated businesses to assist us in providing you certain services. In those instances, we may need to share your personal information with them. We sometimes offer promotions (like sweepstakes) in conjunction with a third party sponsor. If you choose to participate in one of those promotions, we may share your information with the sponsor.
- Business Transactions We may buy, sell or combine with other businesses. If so, personal and non-personal information that we or other businesses have collected will likely be transferred as part of the transaction.
- Third Party Advertisers We use third-party advertising companies to deliver specific advertisements to you, which appear on pages throughout our websites. These companies collect non-personal information about your visits to our websites and other websites in order to provide advertisements about products and services that may be of interest to you. These companies may also aggregate your non-personal information for use in targeted advertising, marketing research, and other similar purposes. These companies may place their own cookies on your computer.
- Other Disclosures We may disclose personal information when we are required or requested to do so by law, court order or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; to enforce or apply our rights and agreements; or when we believe in good faith that disclosing this information is necessary or advisable, including, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of our businesses, our websites, our customers, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. We reserve the right to use or disclose non-personal information in any way we see fit.
- Notice and choice for onward transfer We will ask you for your opt-in consent to share your personal information with a third party for any other reason.
- Security of the Information We Collect The security of your personal information is important to us. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to secure your personal information. However, there is always some risk in transmitting information electronically. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. Of course, any information you post to any message board, discussion group, or other public posting area on our websites is available to anyone with Internet access.
Accuracy of the Information We Collect
- Third-party Links Our Web site may provide links to other third-party Web sites that are outside our control and not covered by this policy. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these sites. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time, and will post any changes to this Policy as soon as they go into effect. Please refer back to this Policy on a regular basis. This policy is effective as of 11/14/2012.